We recognize the importance of protecting the personal information you provide at www.iremoc.org, the website owned by the Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM Orange County Chapter 91). This statement tells you about the information IREM collects, how it uses the information, and how you can control the information you provide.
Other websites affiliated with IREM for delivery of products and services maintain their own privacy policies.
What information we collect
We gather the following types of information needed to process your transactions, fulfill your requests, learn about our visitors, and maintain our membership and customer records:
- Contact information you provide (for example, your personal and business addresses, phone and fax numbers, e-mail addresses, firm affiliations and titles);
- Tracking information each time you visit our site, use our online store, or access links in our electronic communication; and
- Information you volunteer, via applications, profiles, surveys, support calls, or purchase forms (for example, education, designations, specialties, property types, affiliations with other real estate organizations and general demographic data).
How we use the information we collect
We use this information to:
- Publish our online membership directory
- Improve and customize the content and layout of our site and other communication tools, such as newsletters.
- Notify you of updates to our site;
- Notify you of relevant products and services;
- Notify you of upcoming events and programs;
- Track usage of our site
- Trade or sell access to third parties through list services;
IREM does not share, sell or trade e-mail addresses to third parties, except:
- to coalitions formed for the advancement of industry interests in regulatory or legislative activity;
- to exhibitors and sponsors of nationally sponsored meetings and conferences; or
- when required by law or valid legal process.
Your right to control information
- You may edit your member directory and mailing information directly.
- You may choose to exclude your phone number, your fax number, your e-mail address, or your entire member record from the IREM online member directory.
- You may opt to have your fax, phone number, e-mail or entire record removed from IREM’s lists for distribution to third parties.
- E-mail opt out for all users (members and non-members):
- You may opt to have your e-mail address removed from all lists including communications from IREM and third parties. Please click here to exercise your choice to opt out.
We maintain security procedures and standards which we believe are as safe as today’s technology permits. We test these procedures and modify them regularly as new technologies become feasible.
Credit information that you and credit authorizers provide when you make payments by credit card for products, dues or other services are encrypted and will only be used to process the transactions you request. This information will never be sold, shared or provided to other third parties.
We do not request nor do we use social security numbers in the course of our business with our members or the public except when required for IRS purposes or when required for state licensure continuing education compliance. In those cases, social security numbers are encrypted and only used to process the transaction requested.
You may contact IREM Orange County at 714-258-8377 during U.S. pacific time business hours with questions or requests relating to this policy.